Monday 6 January 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 TBR

1. The first and current book I am reading is Looking for Alask by     John Green. I am currently 86 pages into this book and really loving it. Even more so than The Fault In Our Stars I believe.


                                                  
2. The next book I plan to read is Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris, this will complete the "book I've had on my shelf for a long time" challenge. I have the whole boxset and really want to make a start on it and hopefully complete it all in 2014.


 3. For my "Read a book from the library" challenge I want to read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. I've been meaning to buy this book for some time and then when I found it in my local library I squealed...and then checked it out. Can't wait to get to it.












4. The book I would like to read for my "ARC book coming
out on 28th January is And we Stay by Jenny Hubbard.
I was sent a e-copy of this by the publishers and can't wait to get to it. Here is a little synopsis:

Award winner and critically acclaimed writer Jenny Hubbard's riveting account of a teenage girl whose boyfriend brings a gun to school and shoots himself. This is her story before, during, and after the tragedy.
When high school senior Paul Wagoner walks into his school library with a stolen gun, he threatens his girlfriend Emily Beam, then takes his own life. In the wake of the tragedy, an angry and guilt-ridden Emily is shipped off to boarding school in Amherst, Massachusetts, where she encounters a ghostly presence who shares her name. The spirit of Emily Dickinson and two quirky girls offer helping hands, but it is up to Emily to heal her own damaged self.

This inventive story, told in verse and in prose, paints the aftermath of tragedy as a landscape where there is good behind the bad, hope inside the despair, and springtime under the snow.

 As for the last challenge, the "If there's anytime left I'll read as much as I can challenge" I'm going to first:
*1. See if there is more time left
*2. Pick up what I really want to read at the time
*3. Will be mentioning it in my Bout-of-Books wrap-up post

I will also be posting reviews up after the Bout-of-Books of all the books I managed to read during this read-a-thon, and would like to take this opportunity to wish all the other participants:

Good Luck!

Happy Reading
~*Zoe*~







No comments:

Post a Comment