Monday 27 February 2012

Review #1 Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief By Rick Riordan

Review

 I wasn't recomended this book but it's one of those I had to read because I wanted to see the film. I found the book to be very imaginitive and I've always been interested in any type of mythology, but now becaue of this book I want to research further into Greek Myhology.
  Unfortuately I don't have the blurb for this book to be able to post it, cause I bought it for my Ereader. So I'll just jump right into the review.
  Percy Jackson believes he is just this ordinary kid that has ADHD and Dyslexia. His best friend at Yancy Acadmedy is Grover who is on crutches. But after an attack by a fury, who happens to be one of the teachers, Percy freaks out. Grover takes him back to his mother's where they get in the car and head of to Half-Blood Hill, a camp for Demi-Gods. I won't tell you too much more for ruining it for you, but he discovers who his father is and his journey with Grover and Annabeth, who is the daughter of Athena, is to find Zeus' lightning bolt before the end of the summer solstice. It's a great "Things are not always what they seem" kind of stories.
  This was a good light-hearted read that left me wanting to read the next book, Percy Jackson & the Sea of Monsters. Watching the film afterwards ruined the story a little for me as I think the filmakers butchered it and didn't stick to the storyline at all, such a shame. The book is a must read though, It's very insightful.  3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment